And this is my kitchen after making the Pizza Dough…It is such a simple recipe. It requires so little so I thought I’d do it really quickly while Capri was eating her lunch and finishing her Honey Yogurt Berry Pop. Enter the teething freak out and this is what happened! It took a little while to clean up. Partly because I was interrupted during the process several times. Partly because I used my Kitchen Aid to mix the dough…there was probably too much dough for my Kitchen Aid so it made a huge mess and cleaning all that sticky dough out of the crevices was a huge pain!
Some changes I made – substituted 4 of the 5 1/2 cups of water with the leftover whey from my yogurt (per my friend Bethwho has great ideas like this). I also ran out of all-purpose flour after 3 cups (the recipe called for 13) so I used an Unbleached White Whole Wheat Flour that I happened to have in the pantry.
My conclusion – first of all this made A LOT of dough – way more than I needed so I was able to freeze some. And…even with all that whole wheat flour – definitely the best pizza dough I’ve ever made! Yay! 5 out of 5 stars!
I went ahead and made the White Pizza with Kale the same day that I made the dough. I made 4 pizzas. Three of them I followed the recipes pretty closely. The fourth one I made specifically for that night and I used up some stuff in my fridge and didn’t freeze it. I used pesto on the pizza and added Italian turkey sausage. So it took a lot longer for the dough to bake than the original recipe said so I kept having to put it back in the oven. I didn’t think that the dough was too thick but maybe it was? So that was pretty frustrating. However, once it was finally all done – BEST pizza I’ve ever made! I hope the ones that I froze don’t have the same issues with the dough baking! 5 out of 5 stars!
- Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls – Completed – review to come!
- Honey Yogurt Berry Pops – Completed – review to come!
- Kale, Bacon, and Cheese Breakfast Casserole – Completed! 3 out of 5 stars
- Chicken Salad with Apricots – Completed! 4 out of 5 stars
- Crunchy Coconut Chicken withApricot Sauce (or with Garlic Chili Sauce) – Completed – 3-4 stars out of 5
- White Pizza with Kale – Completed! 5 out of 5 stars!
- Roasted Garlic Mac and Cheese
- BBQ Short Ribs – Completed – review to come!
- Lemon Ravioli and Summer Squash
- Bacon Crusted Pork Tenderloin – Completed – review to come!
- Southwestern Skillet with Cornbread – Completed – review to come!
- Coconut Curry Kebabs – Completed – review to come!
- Slow Cooker Yogurt – Competed – review to come!
- Quick and Easy Cornbread – Completed – review to come!
- Taco Seasoning – Completed – review to come!
- Pizza Dough – Completed! 5 out of 5 stars!
Stats so far:
Breakfasts: 3 out of 3 completed!
Lunches: 3 out of 3 completed!
Dinners: 4 out of 6 completed
Add-Ons: 4 out of 4 completed!