More sewing retreat progress (this time it’s actually something I sewed)
I started this project on Saturday morning just after sewing buttons on the Junebug dress. This is another project from One-Yard Wonders. (Sidenote (again)- interested in the projects from this book. They did a sew along for all the projects in this book over at Pink Chalk – check it out!) Again, I wish I could post a pic of Capri wearing it, but I made a size 3T and it looks so big! So it will be a little while before she fits in it!
I’m just going to be honest…I was a little disappointed in how this turned out. I don’t know if I read the instructions for sleeves incorrectly or what but I really didn’t like the way they turned out. So then I decided in an attempt to ‘fix’ them that I would encase them to hide the ugliness…it’s not as bad but I still do not like the result. I can’t look too closely at the sleeves because they really bug me. Also because of all the sleeve issues this dress (which should have been my easiest project) probably took me the longest! So I’m not super happy with the results. I’m hoping it looks better on than it does just hanging there…
I used Amy Butler’s Fresh Poppies in Fuchsia from her Midwest Modern line. I love this fabric and had a yard of it in my stash so I’m glad I got to use it! I do love the large ric-rack on the bottom of the dress!