I know most people make their goals in January at the beginning of the year or at least in the fall at the beginning of the school year, but I’m going to make mine now…at the beginning of summer. I was too overwhelmed with the finishing of my degree in January to make any goals other than staying afloat and graduating to make any then, but I knew I wanted to make some goals for this upcoming year.
So, here they are within their respective categories:
1. Pray for Jeremy every day (using Power of a Praying Wife). This is something I did the first two years of our marriage and got out of practice, but I want to get back into the habit of praying for my husband every day.
2. Disciple other women through leading a small group of either adults or students. This is something I’m actually already doing, but I wanted to add it to my goals anyway. I have been leading a group of middle school for the last several years, but starting this summer I am leading a group of peers!
3. Plan one activity a month to build relationships with non-believers with the purpose of sharing the gospel. This is something I have been feeling convicted about this last year and have made some steps in that direction and want to keep it at the forefront of my mind.
1. Track my food using the My Fitness Pal app on my phone, with the goal of eating healthier and being more aware of what I put in my body.
2. Exercise for at least 30 minutes 3 days a week. I am planning to join a gym (for the 3rd time in my life!) so that I have a place to work out that is air conditioned and away from my home.
1. Have people over for dinner at least twice a month.
2. Have coffee with someone on my list (this is the list of people I say I need to get together with and never do!) at least twice a month.
This is one I have been pondering a little bit. I played with the idea of trying to find some kind of academic mentor or someone to help keep me on top of things, but I think for now I’m just going to continue on my own…
1. Read 2 books a month. 1 for bookclub and 1 from my To Be Read list.
2. Write a real book review for every book I read. I want to continue to work on my writing, so I think this will be an attainable goal to start with.
3. Read a chapter from one of my Major Problems in US history books and write a short paper using the primary and secondary sources included in the book. This is the one I’m afraid won’t happen, but I do want to push myself in this area now that I’m finished with school.
1. Complete 1 sewing project a month. This is something I have been trying to do but so far I’ve only managed about one every other month!
2. Keep to a weekly cleaning schedule. I have made a schedule that lists a different housekeeping item for every night of the week so that I can stay on top of keeping the house cleaned.
3. Have a home-cooked meal 4 nights a week (can include leftovers). I’m already pretty good at this, but I definitely want to keep doing it!
There they are! I’ll keep you posted on my progress!