I didn’t actually take any pictures of the food that I made for the 4th of July, but I thought you might be interested in the recipes anyway! We took some food down to Jason and Beth’s so we could grill on the 4th and enjoy each other’s company. Beth made a ridiculous peach and cardamon pie with sour cream ice cream! Amazing! You have to check it out when she posts it!
I fashioned my menu after receiving an e-mail from Epicurious. Everything looked and sounded so good! I didn’t make everything and the only thing I added to it was the Black Bean Salsa… Check it out!
- Chunky Guacamole – pretty good!
- Black Bean Salsa – I love this recipe and have made it several times.
- Brother David’s Grilled Chicken & Ribs – I had planned on both chicken and ribs but we opened the package of chicken and it was bad (the sell by date wasn’t until July 7th! bummer) so they guys bought some other chicken, but we did the ribs and I thought they were pretty tasty!
- Sweet & Tangy Barbecue Sauce – it’s pretty tangy but I really liked it!
- Layered Salad with Roasted Garlic Dressing – This was ok. I did like the dressing, very refreshing. I’m not a huge fan of olives and it was the first time I had really used fennel. Jeremy wasn’t a big fan, so I probably won’t make it again. I had planned on making the whole recipe but only half fit in my bowl – it’s a lot of salad!
- Manchego Jalapeño Cornbread – This was really more like white cheddar jalepeno cornbread because the manchego was a little more than I wanted to spend and the white cheddar is what the lady at the deli suggested and I thought it was really good! Moist and a little bit spicy!
It was a fabulous 4th of July! I hope yours was great too!