I was pretty excited to make yogurt! I don’t know why that was so exciting for me but I’d read about it before and had always wanted to try it. My husband called me a crazy hippie, but it’s not like it’s the first time I’ve heard that so it really didn’t dissuade my enthusiasm. I was pretty easy to make, but when it comes down to it I’m not sure it was totally worth it. It takes kind of a long time – you don’t have to do anything during that time it’s just sitting but still I could just buy some yogurt. I guess it might be cheaper although I’m not totally sure since I didn’t do the math. So the yogurt itself gets 5 out of 5 stars but I’m not sure it’s necessary especially when you’re doing this Once A Month Mom thing – buying the yogurt would just save time, room in your fridge, and free up your slow cooker.
We used our yogurt to make the Honey Yogurt Berry Pops. And here is Capri trying them out for the first time. She really seemed to like them…until about halfway through. I think teething has returned to our home because suddenly in the middle of her yogurt pop she started screaming and crying and biting her hand and only cuddling and orajel would calm her down. We’ll try another one again soon!
I actually wrote the first part of this post over a week ago…since then we have tried the yogurt pops again with huge success! I even love them! 5 out of 5 stars!
- Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls - Completed! 4 out of 5 stars!
- Honey Yogurt Berry Pops - Completed – 5 out of 5 stars!
- Kale, Bacon, and Cheese Breakfast Casserole - Completed! 3 out of 5 stars
- Chicken Salad with Apricots - Completed! 4 out of 5 stars
- Crunchy Coconut Chicken withApricot Sauce - Completed - 3-4 stars out of 5
- White Pizza with Kale - Completed! 5 out of 5 stars!
- Roasted Garlic Mac and Cheese - Completed – 5 out of 5 stars!
- BBQ Short Ribs - Completed – review to come!
- Lemon Ravioli and Summer Squash - Completed – review to come!
- Bacon Crusted Pork Tenderloin - Completed – review to come!
- Southwestern Skillet with Cornbread - Completed – 5 out of 5 stars!
- Coconut Curry Kebabs - Completed – review to come!